electro-harmonix Soul Food Transparent Overdrive
• Transparent overdrive
• Boosted power rails for extended headroom and definition
• Super responsive
• Compact, rugged design
• Selectable true bypass or buffered bypass modes
• 9.6DC-200 power supply included. Also runs on 9 Volt battery
• DRIVE Knob Controls the amount of input gain. As you turn DRIVE clockwise, the overdrive ranges from clean boost, in the fully counter-clockwise position, to classic distortion, in the fully clockwise setting. There are many great sounds found within the full range of the DRIVE knob, we recommend experimenting with different positions in both halves of the DRIVE knob to find just the right amount of grit for your needs. In addition, turning DRIVE clockwise will bring out more mids in your tone.
• TREBLE Knob Acts as a tone control. When set to 12 oclock (50%), the tone is neutral. As you turn TREBLE clockwise from the 12 oclock setting, the treble gain increases making your overall sound brighter. As you turn TREBLE counter-clockwise from the 12 oclock setting, the high end is reduced giving you a bassier sound.
• VOL Knob Sets the output level of the Soul Food. As VOL is turned clockwise, the output volume increases.
• FOOTSWITCH and LED The Footswitch selects whether the Soul Food is engaged or in bypass mode. When the effect is engaged, the LED is lit. An internal Bypass Mode switch is included to select between True Bypass and Buffered Bypass. See below for more information on the internal switch.
• INPUT Jack This 1/4 jack is the audio input for the Soul Food. The input impedance is 1MOhm.
• AMP Jack This 1/4 jack is the audio output from the Soul Food. The output impedance ranges from 650Ohm to 3.3kOhm.
• Internal Bypass Mode Switch If you remove the Soul Foods bottom cover, you will see the bat of a small switch sticking out of the board that holds the footswitch, it is located in the bottom right area of the pedal, below the AMP jack.
When the switch is set to True, its upper position, bypass will be True Bypass. When the switch is set to Buffer, its lower position, bypass will be Buffered Bypass. The switch is normally set to True in the factory.
In True Bypass mode, when the Soul Food is set to bypass, the INPUT jack is connected directly to the AMP jack and nothing else. In Buffered Bypass mode, the bypass signal passes through a high quality buffer circuit before it is output from the AMP jack. The buffer circuit requires power to hear your instrument in bypass mode.
9V Power Jack Although the Soul Food accepts 9V Batteries, EHX supplies your Soul Food with an Electro-Harmonix 9.6DC-200BI power supply. Plug the output of the supplied AC adapter into the 9V power jack located at the top of the Soul Food. The Soul Food draws 22mA at 9VDC with a center negative plug. The Soul Food accepts Boss and Ibanez style AC Adapters.
We Also Recommend
3 Monkeys Solderless 1/4" Pedalboard Patch Black Cable Kit - 10 Pack / 5 Cables
3 Monkeys Solderless 1/4" Pedalboard Patch Purple Cable Kit - 10 Pack / 5 Cables
3 Monkeys Solderless 1/4" Pedalboard Patch Red Cable Kit - 10 Pack / 5 Cables