Darkglass Electronics Microtubes 500 Bass Amp 500 Watt Head
The Microtubes® 500 is a 500W amplifier equipped with an all analog solid state preamplifier and a Class D Power Module.
On the top row, you will find the clean section which is the foundation of your tone. It features a Gain control and an active 4 band EQ: along with Low and Treble controls, you will find Low Mids and Hi Mids controls, each knob with their own 2-way frequency switch.
On the bottom row, you will find the Microtubes Engine®, an extra channel that will bring your clean tone to the next level by helping you cut through the mix while adding anything from subtle, tube-like, harmonics and natural compression to obliterating distortion.
500 watts of earth-moving power
The size:output ratio of the Darkglass Microtubes 500 must be heard to be believed. You get 500 watts of Class D power in an attractive aluminum housing that stows easily in a backpack or gear bag.
Powerful EQ section
Darkglass has really set the bar for modern rock and metal bass tones. The powerful 4-band EQ in the Microtubes 500 quickly and effectively neutralizes the tubby, rubber-band sound of your direct signal and transforms it into something more musical. Switchable frequency centers at 250/500Hz and 1.5/3.0kHz support additional tone tailoring.
Two switchable Darkglass preamp circuits
The Darkglass Microtubes B3K and Vintage Microtubes are two popular bass preamps. The Microtubes 500 bass has both circuits, footswitchable, built right in — a tremendous value considering the price of these handmade pedals. Engage the B3K for brutality and power or the Vintage Microtubes for that new-meets-old-school rock and metal tone, then blend to taste. Or, for a totally natural tone, bypass them both.
Headphone and XLR outputs for practice and tracking
The addition of a headphone out and XLR direct out give the Microtubes 500 unbeatable value. Now you can take your stage tone to the practice room or recording studio without hauling your cab. A switchable pre-/post-EQ sends a wet or dry tone out to a live soundboard or recording medium for tonal flexibility.
Darkglass Microtubes 500 Bass Amplifier Features:
- Powerful, portable bass head from Darkglass of Finland
- Two switchable Darkglass preamp circuits built right in
- Delivers 500 watts @ 4 ohms
- Compact, lightweight aluminum chassis
- Efficient and quiet operation
- Powerful 4-band active EQ with switchable mid frequencies
- SpeakON Combo output supports modern and vintage cabinets
- Headphone out for silent practice
- XLR direct out for gigging and recording made easy
- Effects loop for pedals
- Mute switch for set breaks and instrument changes
- Optional Darkglass footswitch not included
- Type:Solid State
- Number of Channels:2
- Total Power:500W
- EQ:4-band EQ , low mid/high mid frequency shift
- Inputs:1 x 1/4"
- Outputs:1 x SpeakON-1/4" combo, 1 x XLR (DI out), 1 x 1/4" (headphones)
- Effects Loop:Yes
- Footswitch I/O:1 x 1/4" (microtubes engine)
- Footswitch Included:No
- Manufacturer Part Number:Microtubes 500